Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Theoretical models and frameworks for component and service coordination, service
composition, service adaptation and concurrent system modeling.
- Applications and usability studies for the aforementioned theoretical models, interaction
and coordination challenges in various application domains.
- Languages and specification protocols for component and service interaction, their
semantics, expressiveness, validation and verification, type checking, static and dynamic
- “Software as a service” models (e.g., cloud computing) and dynamic software
architectures, such as self-adaptive and self-organizing systems.
- Tools and environments for the development of concurrent and customizable self-
monitoring, self-adaptive and self-organizing applications.
- Algorithms, mathematical models and realization frameworks for quality-of-service
observation, storage, history-based analysis in self-adaptive systems (queuing models,
load balancing, fault- tolerance analysis, machine learning systems).
In particular, practice, experience and methodologies from the following areas are solicited as well:
- Business process modeling
- Cloud computing
- Service-oriented computing
- Component-based systems
- Grid computing
- Large-scale distributed systems
- Multi-agent systems
- Peer-to-peer systems
Survey works analysing and comparing literature on the topics of
FOCLASA are also welcome.